1. So all I've posted about for the past three weeks is Heroes
. Sorry about that to all the non-Heroes
folks on here (......not really that much though). But, sadly, RL has not let up and I don't have time to do much more than skim the flist and watch a few shows and suck at replying to comments. How woeful my life is. But enough of this whining. I'm here for random pointless fandom things.
2. This is a very gay week for me. Heroes
was new on Monday. Tomorrow is National Coming Out Day. I bought the issue of Out
with John Barrowman on the cover (omg he is the most inappropriate men to ever grace the earth with his presence) and the issue of The Advocate
with Matthew Rhys on the cover because Kevin Walker (his character on Brothers & Sisters
) is my adorable gay commitmentphobe woobie. Sometimes I think I relate to Kevin too much, in that I too can be an oblivious asshole who has a problem with saying the really wrong thing to a person. Not in the sense that I am a gay lawyer dating a hot minister. Because I'm not. I certainly would've posted about that
Also, I got a subscription to Out
because they had this fashion spread with a bunch of half-dressed male models pretending to be vampires and making out with each other. I have NO IDEA why, but I like it!
is holding the wonderful and PURE GENIUS Top of the Tops, Bottom of the Bottoms
. Helping to reassure me that I am not, in fact, the only person who enjoys mentally creating random crossover pairings and deciding who would top and who would bottom.
4. I caved and watched the Luke/Noah storyline on As the World Turns
. SO MUCH GREATNESS RIGHT THERE. The poor Noah actor can't act, but it doesn't matter because everything is brimming with cracky greatness. Just... soaps, man! They are so beyond amusing. Where have they been all my life? Also, while I laugh at things a lot, I really think I'm starting to fall for Luke. He's such a sweetie, and he never stopped being true to himself throughout this whole affair.
5. Did Dexter
start up again yet? Why is no one talking about it?
6. OMGELIZABETHTHEGOLDENAGETHISWEEKEND! True or false: the commercials for Elizabeth: The Golden Age
have made Peggy cry? ........TRUE.
7. Quick judgements of the new non-Heroes
TV so far:
- Brothers & Sisters
: Holy crap the Kevin/Jason! Why Malaysia/Viva Laughin, Jason/Eric Winter, WHY? Nora, Sarah, and Justin have been great as always, too. JOE NEEDS TO DIE.
- Ugly Betty
- Hilarious and happy-making, which is all I ask of it.
- Meh. My love for this show has waned in direct proportion to the increase of idiotic fandom wank. Sad but true.
- 30 Rock
- NEVER LEAVE ME.
- Friday Night Lights
- Connie Britton makes me cry, but when I say WTF I think you all know to what I am referring.
- Stargate Atlantis
- Same old, same old. Enjoyable. I tend to enjoy the stand-alone episodes more than the big, dramatic finale/premiere stuff, so we'll see.
And that is all my TV. HOW DISHEARTENING. At least in January we get The Wire
, BSG, Skins
, and Torchwood
all to look forward to. Except there is a 100% chance of me crying for days when those first two shows end. And then critics will cry because how will they make their end of the year top ten lists anymore?