Here's some late Friday night what-to-do-when-you-have-no-life rambling for you:
1. EW's Landmark moments in Gay Hollywood
has gotten me to do the unthinkable: watch Queer as Folk
S5 clips. I'm one of those fans who thinks that S5 is basically Satan's pit of despair and really, really bad hair. It makes me cry because it's so wrong
. But there were a few good parts. And Deb's "He must've knocked up Sunshine" literally made me laugh for five minutes the first time I saw it. Still does, so that's good. Bri-tin. Haha.
2. Do you ever find yourself reading really, truly awful
fic that is so OOC and terribly written, but you just have to know what happens next? And then you feel dirty afterwards and go read something by an author you actually like, but you're still secretly glad you read the bad one?
3. The only reasons I subscribe to Out
are the pretty ads and the ridiculous, nonsensical, but kinda hot fashion spreads in each issue. The latest one was "Lost in Italy
," which actually turned out to be "Prep School Geeks in Italy." Maybe it's just me, but this picture
gives me happy "bad boy deflowers secretly hot geek in closet during fifth period" thoughts. The October issue (with John Barrowman!) had "Vampires in Los Angeles
," which I heartily approved of even though it contained no homoerotic-and-fashionable Spike and Angel, despite the title. I mean, seriously people, it has John Barrowman with his sleeves rolled up standing over some dead body in a pool. AWESOME.
4. Oh, blast, I have not at all started a paper that's due Monday and I have to work tomorrow and Sunday. Is okay, though, I got such a good grade on the last paper, I could get a D on this paper and still have a B+ average for the final. So I'm not too worried!
5. Finally, a rec: Make Sure They See My Face
(RPF/RPS/Entourage/CRACK! as the author describes it). I'm not a person who can usually enjoy RPF/RPS, but this is perfect and hilarious and you will love Shia LaBeouf/Milo Ventimiglia SO MUCH. And god do I love random fandom-made pairings. First George Clooney/Anderson Cooper, now this. Maybe it will be like fairies/the Doctor - if we wish it enough, all at the same time, it will magically happen!
6. I REALLY DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE THIS POST SO GAY. But I have to say this. This season of SGA is like Atlantis: The Femmeslash Years. I like it!